ODE TO THE ALMOND.
long gone are the days of eating almonds solo.
if you'd like to incorporate healthier plant-based whole food snacks into your (and your family's!) lives, this is your ticket!
SOAK. SPRINKLE. ROAST. DEVOUR.
the key is in the soaking!
1. throw a bag of your favorite raw almonds into a bowl, cover with water, and soak overnight until soft.
2. use a cup of those for your roasting: PEEL THE SKINS-they'll pop off easily!
3. throw them on a sheet pan, add some olive oil, and sprinkle with any spices + herbs you wish! fresh rosemary + sea salt is a fav over here but can you even imagine some garlic + dill??? ON IT.
4. roast in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes and bump it up to 400 for 10 more. they should look golden and they'll taste delicious.
serve to the kids, bag as a snack on the go, present as a party side!
SWEEEEEET ALMOND JOY: THE MOUSSE!
this can also be thinned to a sweet SAUCE or even MILKY consistency-make it YOURS.
1. take the remainder (or 2 cups) of the SOAKED almonds and throw them in the blender.
2. add a cup of water (or more for that thinner consistency)
if thinner, use as a sweet sauce or dip for crepes, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, or your fav fruit!